– Rep. Bud Cook’s (R-Washington/Fayette) district office staff will once again be available to provide FREE application assistance for the state’s 2018 Property Tax/Rent Rebate program at the following dates, times and locations:
• Thursday, Feb. 14, from 9 a.m. to noon, Bentleyville Towers, 304 Washington St., Bentleyville, PA 15314
• Thursday, Feb. 21, from 9 a.m. to noon, Ellsworth Parkview Apartments, 19 S. Main St., Scenery Hill, PA 15360
• Thursday, Feb. 28, from 9 a.m. to noon, Nathan Goff Apartments, 1 Middleland Avenue Ext., North Charleroi, PA 15022
• Thursday, March 7, from 9 a.m. to noon, Donora Senior Center, 701 7th & Meldon, Donora, PA 15033
• Thursday, March 21, from 9 a.m. to noon, Liberty Towers, 520 Liberty St., California, PA 15419
Eligible participants can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2017. The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with disabilities.
To be eligible, homeowners must earn less than $35,000 a year and renters less than $15,000 with half of Social Security income excluded.
Certain supplemental rebates can boost homeowner rebates up to $975. The supplemental rebates are automatically calculated by the Department of Revenue for qualifying homeowners.
Residents are reminded to provide all the necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately. Applications are due by June 30.
Cook also reminds residents that they need not pay a private entity for assistance in filing the forms. Copies of the forms, as well as assistance with filing them, are available by contacting his Bentleyville district office at (724) 669-2242 and online at RepBudCook.com
49th Legislative District
Representative Bud Cook
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Contact: (724) 669-2242