WASHINGTON AND FAYETTE COUNTIES – The second annual Women in Leadership Conference, hosted by Rep. Bud Cook (R-Washington/Fayette), will take place on Thursday, Oct. 6, from 2-4:30 p.m. The event will be held at the Pennsylvania Western University-California Convocation Center, located at 250 University Ave., California, PA 15419.
“It was an honor to host this event last year to bring women together to empower one another,” said Cook. “I am eager to have the public hear from this year’s panelists. They are sure to offer some great life stories and advice to attendees.”
The event will consist of three panels of women leaders in the state Legislature, trades and other industries. They will share their stories of success and leadership with attendees. Panelists are as follows:
• Rep. Regina Young (D-Delaware/Philadelphia).
• Rep. Tracy Pennycuick (R-Montgomery).
• Susan Bealko, corporate safety director, GMS Mine Repair and Maintenance.
• Sgt. 1st Class Kimberly A. Smith, U.S. Army.
• Rachael Beam, engineering manager, Pennsylvania American Water.
• Dr. Laura Jacob, superintendent, California School District.
• Michelle Beener, president, Aspire Grant and Development LLC.
• Brianne Mitchell, media strategist, partner, consultant and chief operating officer, Mitchell Legal Services.
Staci Kmetz will serve as the keynote speaker. Her story of how she received and overcame a traumatic brain injury will inspire attendees.
Those who are interested in attending should register for the event at RepBudCook.com/Events
or call 724-929-2660. There is no cost to participate.
Representative Bud Cook
49th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Michelle Swab